Today’s post comes from the lovely Cassie Brewer! You might recall that Cassie guest blogged for Beauty for Brides a couple of weeks ago with her very popular post Pamper Yourself Before The “I Do.” I love when Cassie sends me her posts to review. They are always filled with lots of useful information for my brides to be. Today she covers 10 home spa hacks for the bride to be. Our favourite? #2! Oh! And just because she loves us here….she also added a great infographic to the post! Thanks Cassie! We love you too. 🙂
Turn your bathroom into a spa before your big day with these easy tips for more pampered bridal beauty. Here are 10 tricks to achieve gorgeousness right at home.
- Oatmeal Face Scrub
This is really easy: just get oatmeal and warm water. Place the oatmeal in a bowl and add water, then stir it into a paste. Apply it to your face, gently rubbing it into your skin in circular motions. Keep it on for approximately 10 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Rose and Coconut Body Scrub
Just the name of this scrub sounds delicious! Put a spoonful of coconut oil at the bottom of a glass jar. Take rose petals and place them in the jar. Add some brown sugar and finish it off with a soothing oil, such as almond oil, on top. Let the jar sit for a while so that the oils can sink into the other ingredients.
When you want to use it, take a spoon and mix the ingredients then apply it to your body. Leave it on for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off. So heavenly and it also makes for beautiful bridesmaid favors!
- Throw Egg on Your Face!
- Take one egg yolk and blend it with a tablespoon of olive oil. Mix it well.
- Take an old towel and cut holes out of it for your nose and eyes.
- Apply the egg and olive mixture to your face and neck.
- Warm the towel then gently press it over your skin.
- Sit with it for about 10 minutes, then wash off the mixture with warm water.
- Nail It!
Part of a perfect manicure is neat and lovely cuticles. Get beautiful cuticles by soaking your fingers in warm water for a few minutes. Then, gently push back your cuticles with an orange stick. Mix one tablespoon of olive oil with three tablespoons of hand lotion. Warm it up to make it even more pampering, then apply it to your cuticles.
- Make the Color Last
You want your nail color to last long into your wedding celebration and honeymoon. You can do this with an easy tip: clean your nails with white distilled vinegar before applying nail polish.
- Treat Your Hands
Don’t forget to pamper yourself during your DIY manicure. Massage your hands to boost circulation and untie any knots. With one hand, knead the spot between the index finger and thumb of your other hand. Do this on both hands, then gently glide the knuckles of your index and middle fingers along every finger of the opposite hand.
7. Sink into Essential Oils
Dissolve all that wedding planning stress by adding essential oils to your bath. Neroli and lavender are great for making you feel calmer.
8. Get an Infuser
Use an infuser in your bathtub. This enables you to add a range of ingredients, such as fragrant rose petals, without having to clean them out of your tub afterwards. Your bath time can then end with luxuriousness and relaxation.
- Make a Herbal Steam Skin Treatment
Herbs can be very soothing for your skin, but give them the luxurious spa spin by making a herbal steam out of them. The blend of moisture and herbal properties is wonderful to hydrate and nourish skin.
- You’ll need 1/3 cup of dried flowers (lavender and chamomile are good options) and a few drops of geranium essential oil.
- Place the herbs into a teapot filled with two cups of boiling water. Let them sit for about 10 minutes.
- Press the herbs and add them to boiling water in your bathroom basin along with the geranium oil.
- Place a towel over your head and bend your face over the steam for a few minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse your face with lukewarm water. Apply a light oil or moisturizer to your skin to lock in moisture.
- Plump Up Your Skin with Ice
More youthful skin can be achieved with ice cubes in a plastic bag. Gently place the bag on your face and rub it over your skin for a few minutes. It plumps up your skin in a flash so that it looks fresher and younger!
You don’t always have to book a treatment at your favorite spa to look good and feel refreshed. Simple tricks can bring the spa to your home.
Cassie Brewer is a journalist based in Southern California. Her interest in health began when she started working as a makeup artist. Since then, she has dedicated her time to writing about diet and wellness in order to help others not only be beautiful on the outside, but radiant on the inside.
@cassiembrewer Blog: http://cassiembrewer.weebly.com/