From smokey eyes and glowing skin to red and pastel lip colours it was actually really difficult to find only 6 of my favourite bride worthy makeup looks from last night’s Golden Globe awards. Makeup was on point last night, everywhere you looked! I loved it!
Here are the top trends that brides can take away from last night’s awards.
- Glowing skin – it’s called ‘strobing’ for a reason and when it’s done correctly the results are stunning. My favourites stobing (highlighting) looks of the night? Jennifer Lopez and Queen Latifah. Can we all just take a moment and appreciate Jennifer Lopez’s gorgeous makeup done by none other than makeup artist Mary Phillips. Such a gorgeous look.
- Pastel lip colour – Eva Longoria demonstrates how to pair a sultry smokey eye and balance it with a lip colour that also pops.
- Neutral makeup with glowing skin – thanks to the talented Lisa Eldridge for creating the perfect bride worthy makeup look on Kate Winslet.
- Smokey eyes – Eva wins again here….but there were so many gorgeous smokey eyes on the red carpet last night that it was tough to choose!
- Lashes – Eva, Gina, Jennifer and Jaimie all demonstate the various lengths and fullness of lashes and how each look works perfectly with their eye shape.
- Brows – full brows, gone are the days of those 1990 thin scary looking brows.